LIMESTONE

The first thing you’ll notice about our limestone is its intense dark colour. You might also be lucky enough to get the odd fossil. Favoured by craftsmen for its easy workability, it lends itself to square-edged ‘dressed stone’ forms.

As a sedimentary rock, limestone occurs in parallel layers or strata. Of these we select only the best — the top 0.5% of all that comes out of the quarry. We’re looking for two things here: thicker than average lines and consistency of colour and texture. But that doesn’t mean the rest goes to waste. We use the other 99.5% in walling, aggregates, and more.

Some of our best selling limestone water features…

Looking for something different?